Healthy n Happy Community Development Trust is committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information.
This policy explains when and why Health n Happy collects personal information about people, how we use it, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others and how we keep it secure.
If you have any questions regarding this Policy and our privacy practices, please contact us using the details listed under Contact Us section below.
Data Protection Principles
Healthy n Happy will comply with the data protection law. This says that the personal information that Healthy n Happy hold about you must be:
- Used lawfully, fairly and in a transparent way
- Collected only for valid purposes that have been clearly explained to you and not used in any way that is incompatible with those purposes
- Relevant to the purpose we have told you about and limited only to those purposes
- Accurate and kept up to date
- Kept only as long as necessary for the purpose we have told you about
- Kept securely
Who are we?
Healthy n Happy Community Development Trust is the data controller this means it decides how your personal data is processed and for what purposes.
What type of information is collected from you?
Personal data or personal information means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
The personal information that Healthy n Happy collects varies depending on the individual’s engagement and participation with the organisation.
For all types of engagement and participation the information we collect for an individual includes:
- Contact address
- Contact telephone numbers (including mobiles)
Depending on the nature of the individual’s participation and engagement Healthy n Happy may also collect the following information:
- Date of birth
- National Insurance number
- Bank details
- Records of your correspondence and engagement with us
- Donation history and Gift Aid details
- Information you may enter on the Healthy n Happy, CamGlen Bike Town, CamGlen Radio, Number 18 and CamGlen Communities websites
- Photographs, video or audio recordings
- Biographical information
- Monitoring and evaluation data
- Other information you share with us
This information may be collected via:
- Any paper forms you complete
- Any telephone, webchat or email conversations, or face-to-face interactions
- Digital forms completed via our website, or online surveys
- Third-party companies and websites such as Just Giving, BT My Donate, Easy Fundraising and Amazon Smile
- Publicly available sources
- Communication via social media
We sometimes also collect sensitive, personal data about individuals. This includes information about health, religion, sexuality, ethnicity, political and philosophical beliefs, and criminal records. We will normally only record this data where we have your explicit consent, unless we are permitted to do so in other circumstances under data protection law.
Social Media and Digital Media
Depending on your settings or the privacy policies for social media messaging services like Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, you may receive targeted advertisements through our use of social media audience tools.
We use information in the following ways:
- Administer the Site and to help you use the Site
- To carry out statistical analysis on the site usage using Google Analytics.
When do we collect information from you?
We obtain information about you when you:
- Contact Healthy n Happy for information on our services and activities
- Become a Healthy n Happy participant
- Attend a Healthy n Happy event or activity
- Apply for membership of Healthy n Happy
- Apply for employment with Healthy n Happy
- Sign up for our Healthy n Happy and Bike e-newsletters
- Complete our surveys
- Contribute financially, fundraise on our behalf or enter into a prize draw
- Use our websites
We are concerned to protect the privacy of children aged 16 or under. If you are aged 16 or under‚ we will require your parent/guardian's permission beforehand whenever you provide us with personal information
How is your information used
Healthy n Happy will only use your personal information when the law allows. Most commonly Healthy n Happy will use your personal information in the following circumstances:
- To administer membership records
- To manage our employees and volunteers
- To maintain our own accounts and record
- To process donations and administer Gift Aid information for any donation you make to Healthy n Happy
- To operate the Healthy n Happy, CamGlen Bike Town, CamGlen Radio, Number 18 and CamGlen Communities websites
- To deliver our services, activities, events, training and respond to individuals who have requested these services and information
- To inform individuals of our news, events, activities or services related to Healthy n Happy it’s projects and membership
- To conduct surveys, research and gather feedback
- To comply with applicable laws and regulations, and requests from statutory agencies
- To comply with our contractual obligations to our funders.
We will not contact you for marketing purposes by email, phone or text message unless you have given your prior consent. We will not contact you for marketing purposes by post if you have indicated that you do not wish to be contacted. You can change your marketing preferences at any time by contacting us by using the link found at the bottom of every email or by emailing your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Whatever your relationship with us, we will only store your information for a specified amount of time, as set out in our internal data retention policy.
The length of time that data will be kept may depend on the reasons for which we are processing the data and on the law or regulations that the information falls under, such as financial regulations, Limitations Act, Health and Safety regulation or any funding obligations we may have.
Subject to the above, we will typically store data relating to people to whom we provide services 6 years after completion of those services. HR data is kept for a period of 6 years following the termination of employment; personal financial data will be destroyed after 2 years; Health and Safety information will be held according to statutory requirements.
Once the retention period has expired, the information will be confidentially disposed or permanently deleted, or anonymised.
If you request to receive no further contact from us, we will keep some basic information about you on our suppression list to avoid sending you unwanted materials in the future.
Healthy n Happy is a “data controller” for the purposes of relevant data protection legislation. You have a number of rights in relation to personal data held about you by Healthy n Happy, namely the right to:
- Request Access
- Request Correction
- Request Erasure
- Object to processing
- Request the restriction of processing
- Request the transfer of your personal information to another party
In order to request any of these rights or to ask for an electronic copy of the information Healthy n Happy hold about you, please contact us using the details listed under Contact Us section below.
We will supply any information you ask for that we hold about you as soon as possible, but this may take up to 30 days
You can find detailed information about your rights under UK Data Protection legislation on the UK Information Commissioner’s website: www.ico.gov.uk
How you can access and update your information
The accuracy of your information is important to us. We’re working on ways to make it easier for you to review and correct the information that we hold about you. In the meantime, if you change email address, or any of the other information we hold is inaccurate or out of date, please using the details listed under Contact Us section below.
Healthy n Happy strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your information, we make our best effort to ensure its security on our systems. If we have a breach of information, we have a duty to notify the ICO.
Who has access to your information?
- Only authorised Healthy n Happy employees will have access to your information
- Healthy n Happy will not sell or rent your information to third parties
We will not share any of your personal data to any third party – except where:
- The transfer is to a secure data processor, which carries out data processing operations on our behalf (for example Just Giving and BT My Donate)
- We are required to do so by law, for example to law enforcement or regulatory bodies where this is required or allowed under the relevant legislation
- We are required to do so because it is a condition of our funding or service provision that we share certain information with the funder or with partnership organisations. We will tell you if this is the case.
- It is necessary to protect the vital interests of an individual
- We have obtained your consent to do so
Where we store your personal data
The information which we collect about you will be stored on a UK or European based secure servers.
Review of this Policy
Right to Complain
If you have any complaints about the way in which we have used your data, please get in touch with us using the details in the ‘Contact us’ section below. We would be happy to help and discuss your concerns.
If you have any questions about this policy, would like more information, or want to exercise any of the rights set out above, you can get in touch with us in the following ways:
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 0141 646 0123
- Post: Healthy n Happy Community Development Trust, Aspire Building, 16 Farmeloan Road, Rutherglen, Glasgow, G73 1DL