The CamGlen Bike Town March Newsletter is now available online.
If you would like to be kept up to date with Bike Town developments simply subscribe to our Bike Town newsletter.
Bike Town Newsletter Archive
We need your help - It's survey time.
Every so often we have to collect data, to help us monitor and evaluate the Bike Town initiative.
We invite you to complete a short survey.
Your answers will help us:
- Secure funding and investment to support cycling in the local area.
- Improve the services we offer.
- Measure the success of the Bike Town initiative.
As a thank you for completing this survey, if you leave your email address after completing the survey, we'll enter you in a prize draw for £100.00. (closing date 31st March 2016)
Thank you, we appreciate your support.
The Bike Town Team
Bike Trains, cycle skills, guided rides and much more in this months newsletter.
Our Bike Shop in a box, is at 39 Downiebrae Rd, G73 1PW
We open Wednesdays & Saturdays 10am - 2pm for bike sales, repairs and servicing
You can find our new website at http://www.biketown.org.uk, It's still very much a work in progress at the moment.
Cycle Maintenance workshops:
Bicycle Maintenance levels one, two and three.
Venue: Rutherglen West and Wardlawhill Church Hall, Chapel St, Rutherglen, G73 1JQ
Numbers are limited and places fill quickly, so booking is essential: contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Wee Bike Club
We've started our pilot run of the pre-school balance bike training scheme for participating nursery schools and community groups.
We can now be found on every cyclists favourite cycling app, Strava. If you live or work in G72/73 please join the CamGlen Bike Town Strava Club to be in with a chance to win a monthly prize.
Our Strava club will allow us to keep track of car replacement journeys, which we need for funding purposes. If you cycle to work or use your bike for everyday activities such as shopping, visiting friends, days out etc, then please record these as 'commute' rides and we will be able to use this data to calculate the carbon savings achieved from travelling by bicycle rather than by car.
We send an email out every month with details of our events, to be kept informed simply sign up to our newsletter here
Adult Guided Rides
Our adult-only guided rides continues every Wednesday between 10am to 1pm
All rides are graded 'easy' and suitable for less confident cyclists
- 90 minutes cycling and time for a rest stop
- Rides guided by an experienced ride leader
- Build up your confidence on a bikeMeet other cyclists
- Bike available if you don’t have your own
Family-friendly Guided Rides
We also have a programme of guided rides suitable for families with children, although adults without children are also welcome!
- Teach ride is either an ‘easy’ short rides or a ’moderate’ longer ride
- All rides suitable for adult cyclists and families with child cyclists
- Rides guided by an experienced ride leader
- Time for a rest stop. Bikes available if you don’t have your own
- Children under 16 must be accompanied by an adult cyclist
Cycle Maintenance Workshops and Fix your own bike (FYOB)
Venue: Rutherglen West and Wardlawhill Church HallChapel St, Rutherglen, G73 1JQ
- Cycle Maintenance 1: The essentials - roadside repairs and quick fixes
- Cycle Maintenance 2: Brakes and gears - replacing cables and adjusting
- Cycle Maintenance 3: Wheels - stripping hubs plus trueing wheels and replacing spokes
- FYOB: Fix your own bike, you bring the bike and the parts, we have the tools you can borrow
- Please bring your own bike with you as you'll be working on it.
- Clean bikes are easier to work on, give it a clean before you bring it.
- If you know the essentials already you don't need to come to all 3 workshops.
Rescent feedback on our Cycle Maintenance workshops: "Very informative, well planned and well worth attending. I certainly picked up a few good points on keeping my bike maintained and roadworthy"
All CamGlen Bike Town cycling events are open to people living or working in Cambuslang and Rutherglen.
To book a place on any of these activities or for more information email email@example.com or phone the office on 0141 646 0123 and ask for Mel, Jim or Liz.
Ride Leader Training
Guided ride leaders (1 day training course)
Commuting with confidence course leaders (4 day training course)
We offer training opportunities for those that are interested in these roles.
For more information and to register your interest, email firstname.lastname@example.org or ring the office on 0141 646 0123 and ask for Mel or Jim. We look forward to hearing from you!
Do you need your bike serviced or repaired?
We fix bikes! Pop along to ouir Bike Shop in the container at 78 Cambuslang Rd any Wednesday or Saturday between 10am and 2pm.
You can subscribe to our newsletter here